Survivors need your help.
Now, more than ever, survivors of intimate partner violence (IPV) and their children need your support. Over the past year, there has been a sharp rise in the severity and frequency of IPV amid global COVID-19 lockdowns. Women’s Center & Shelter never stopped serving and worked quickly to modify and expand programming, enhance maintenance and sanitizing practices, and increase outreach to meet the changing needs of survivors affected by the pandemic. Your gift to this year’s mission match will be used to continue to provide safety and necessities to survivors and their children now and in the future as we anticipate a steady increase in requests for WC&S’ services as social distancing and masking guidance is fully relaxed.
- $50 can provide two hours of counseling and safety planning on the 24-Hour Hotline or on our new text/chat lines, available from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily.
- $100 can provide a survivor and child with their first night of safety in WC&S’ Emergency Shelter.
- $250 can provide 10 hours of creative learning and structured activities in the Children’s Advocacy Program.
- $500 can provide 20 hours of Legal Advocacy which can include assistance with Protection from Abuse Orders (PFAs) or court accompaniment in-person or via videoconferencing.
- $1,000 can provide 30 virtual support group sessions to survivors in various stages of their healing journeys or 26 hours of pro-bono legal representation for survivors with complex safety needs.
All donations made to the Mission Match will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to a total of $15,000 by the A. J. and Sigismunda Palumbo Charitable Trust.
Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization — donations to which are tax-deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. The official registration and financial information of the Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.